A dental cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a specialized x-ray machine used when regular x-rays do not provide sufficient details for analyzing a situation. This technology allows us to produce 3-D images of not just your teeth, but also soft tissues, nerves, and bones in a single scan.
Benefits of a Cone Bean CT scan include:
- The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Provides more information than conventional dental x-rays allowing for more precise treatment planning.
- A major advantage of CT is its ability to image bone and soft tissue at the same time.
- CT scanning is painless, noninvasive and accurate.